In this rustic log originals DVD, custom furniture maker Kelly Maxwell shows how to build a log bed. Kelly takes a step by step approach by selecting logs, prep, and sanding to the finished log bed. The rustic log originals DVD also includes a complete cut list and detailed instructions no building a log bed. The basic skills taught will also enable you to branch out and build other rustic log furniture designs. Whether it is a log vanity or rustic table you will have the skills to develop as a custom rustic furniture maker.
Rustic Log Originals
• Select the right trees in the woods
• Take off the bark and prep the wood
• Cut appropriately sized parts
• Cut mortise and tenon joints
• Assemble a headboard and footboard
• Construct and attach side rails
• Choose an appropriate finish
The DVD includes the plans to use for building your own rustic log bed, the tool list Kelly used and the cut list to make sure you are able to recreate this style custom furniture. Watch the trailer below!